Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.

When I read this quote online earlier today, my brain came up with the image of my father's hand comforting me so many times. The most touching example was the birth of my oldest daughter. In all my fear and pain of labor my father, Ron Hohenstein, comforted me with his hand letting me know that he will never let anything bad happen to me. I have been blessed with an amazing set of parents that have supported me and encouraged me through out my life.


This is "Gramps" at my girls Ironkids National Championship race. The comfort of his hands has been passed on. (the baby bump is my youngest daughter Clare trying to stay warm)

My dad has always had a chair in the house that he relaxes in. The chair is a coveted place in the home. As children, my siblings and I would sit in the chair in anticipation of our dad's homecoming. And now my children will climb into the chair when Gramps is outside in anticipation that when he returns he will hold them on his lap.

As a mother, I always want to be a comfort to my children and guide them to meet their dreams. When my husband walks into the room I see the love and admiration in their eyes that I have for my dad and I am so thankful to know they will have the comfort in life that I have had. My husband is the strong hold for my girls. His love and attention can cure their heartache, disappointment and worry with hast.

As my dad will tell you, this little girl still calls her dad with heartache, disappointment and worry. (oh yeah and editing my documents...........remember this is a blog Gramps, go easy on me)



Please check out this great blog I found on dads of daughers
http://www.fromdatestodiapers.com/50-rules-for-dads-of-daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment