Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I had my “last meal” this morning at 5am. (vegan pizza leftovers from Hillsdale Bank BBQ last night) This is my second day with no coffee and the headache is horrible. Really frustrating to me how much of an affect coffee has. I love it so, but becoming obvious that I need to let it go. I had a veggie juice of mostly spinach at noon and juiced another large one to have this evening.

I juiced a bag of spinach, a bag of lettuce, 8 pieces of celery, 3 cucumbers and 5 radishes for my first day. I drank 70 ounces of water. Besides my headache I have no ill effects. I think the headache is keeping me from feeling hungry. The blessing of a headache!?!

I took a salt bath in the evening that helped with my headache. I was amazed at the amount of toxic waste already coming out of my skin. Coffee junkie on detox is bad news. J

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I slept over 10 hours last night! That was amazing. I even took a little nap in the evening time. I still have a slight headache today, but not as bad as yesterday. I have no hunger, which is weird because I am usually very hungry in the morning. Could it be that the micronutrients are filling me up? I am trying to keep busy, but my focus is a little off because of the headache. I taught Sunday School this morning and went to late church service. I find my mind wandering a little more today. I haven’t checked my weight yet because I don’t have a scale here at home. I usually weigh myself at work. I should probably go in tomorrow and weigh myself. One of my concerns is losing too much weight too quickly. I am at a “healthy” weight. I understand I may lose some weight, but I should monitor it. I am doing the juice fast to give my body a break from processing and to change some of my bad eating habits, not lose weight. I love coffee, wine and tortilla chips…………………..which I will have none of during this fast.

By around 2pm my energy shot up and I was feeling great! It was like a switch flipped and I was feeling normal, maybe even better than normal.

Tonight I took another salt bath, did a mud mask and ear candling. I have been drinking lots of water. I had a little bit of hunger this evening while my family was eating dinner. I am very thankful that Justin is taking on the kitchen and preparing food for him and the kids. It would be hard to cook and not eat. I was pretty tired after church today, but after a little rest I was feeling great. My headache was gone by noon. I must admit I was a little sad to have my headache leave as I believe it was controlling my hunger. But it also means I cannot say, “I have to drink coffee, this headache won’t go away!”

This fast is making me focus on myself. I absolutely can’t take a short cut for myself. I am juicing when I “need” to rather than when I want to. I am stopping to relax and rest when my body tells me. I am being selfish and while it feels weird, it is putting life into perspective for me.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Another great night of sleep, however, I did dream of food. It was weird rounds and rounds of non-vegan food. I wouldn’t eat that stuff if I wasn’t fasting. It gave me a giggle when I woke up. I still have no hunger. I woke up after 8am this morning and made 60 ounces of green juice. I drank 20 first thing in the morning and packed the rest for the day out with my gals. I did a 30 minute dvd workout video. I took the girls to the pumpkin patch today and we ran around the field, we had a great time. As I sat and watched them play in the field and on the hay bales enjoyed my last juice for my fast. The fast was shorter than I had originally planned but I lost a considerable amount of weight and I achieved my goals of resetting my diet and breaking some bad habits. I was amazed at how great I felt after not eating for 3 days. I enjoyed the fast and will definitely do another one in the future. It was a great experience and a great way to focus on myself. 3 days is a long time for me to focus on myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment